My son is life-changing. After spending just about every moment of every day with him, I have begun to notice a bit of consistency in how he takes on the world. Here are a few of his philosophies for happy living:
1. Make sleep a part of your routine. Sleep for 12 hours at night and take 2 naps a day that are at least one hour long each.
2. When exhaustion or hunger overwhelm you, crying with your head back and your arms outstretched relieves the inner tension.
3. Put all of your energy and focus into what you are doing at the moment – including pooping.
4. Look innocent after you spit up or pass gas.
5. While enjoying a long-awaited meal, take the time to emit a few satisfied coos to express your delight.
6. View every experience, like a shopping trip or walking the dog, as your greatest adventure so far.
7. Squeal with joy when you see the faces that you love most in the world.
8. Hum along with the song.
9. Join in the conversation.
10.When you don’t know what to say, suck your thumb.
11. Reading a good book just before going to bed is the best way to end the day, especially if it is 5 Little Monkeys or Good Night Moon or Good Night Mr. Stinky Face.
12. Make smiling the first thing you do when you wake up.