For a day that you can feel satisfied with upon its conclusion, remember to do the following:
1. Read the Bible as soon as possible upon rising in the morning.
2. Pray for your family before praying for yourself.
3. Try to pray for at least one person who is not within your immediate family.
4. Prep dinner in the morning so that it’s easy to finish in the afternoon.
5. Get chores done in the cool part of the day.
6. Don’t put more than 2 housekeeping chores on your to-do list.
7. When it’s naptime for the baby, or when he wakes up before he is supposed to, take time to really study his face and inhale his baby fragrance when rocking him.
8. Select a beloved characteristic of each family member and really focus on it all day. (E.g. their hands or a frequent gesture they make)
9. Brush the cat, even if it’s only for a few minutes, as he waits patiently on the porch rug for you to remember him.
10. Sing the dog’s favorite song to her.
11. Walk with all of your senses on the morning walk with dog and baby.
12. When it is easy to dwell on how exhausted or frustrated you feel, slow down your living pace.
13. At the end of the day, kiss your husband and baby, pet the dog, stroke the cats, give the bunny her treat, and put lotion on your feet.
14. Remember that tomorrow is going to be another good day.