It’s the new year and I’m still reading! A friend asked me how I decide what to read next and I thought it a good question to mention and answer in this post.
I like to have 3-4 books going at the same time: a well-rounded brain diet, if you will. I usually have a self-improvement book (perhaps parenting or health related), a spiritual supplement (Bible study or relationship related, perhaps), and a leisure read. I often have an audiobook or two going either with the family or just for me.
My friend also asked where I find my books. Many of the unread books in my library are ones I’ve collected for two decades. I’m still working my way through them; it delights me to know they’re waiting for me. I also buy books that are mentioned in books I’m currently reading, are recommended by friends, are by a favorite author or are on topics I’m interested in.
Soooo…This month I continued to read:
- PARENTING WITH LOVE AND LOGIC. I’m about halfway through it and am implanting it’s ideas as I’m introduced to them. We are seeing some positives from their principles.
- MRS. SHARP’S TRADITIONS. This one is going to be a long time in finishing since I’m enjoying it so much. I am getting so many inspirations from it!!!
- LOVING GOD WITH ALL YOUR MIND. I haven’t read this in a while because I started a book study with a friend which brings me to my new books…
- FIERCE WOMEN is proving to be a convicting read. How does a wife channel her strengths in a godly way so that they don’t turn into weapons that weaken or destroy her husband?
- THE LAST MIDWIFE is my newest novel. I can’t wait to read it more!!
Please hop on over to my Bookshelf page to read my newest review. It’s about Spurgeon’s Sorrows.